On 21 October 2019, the annual event of the Network for Higher Education Teaching of the Hochschulforum Digitalisierung (University Forum on Digitalization) (HFD) took place at the World Conference Center in Bonn. Participants had the opportunity to exchange ideas with like-minded people at this network meeting for university teaching.
About the topic “Safety first? Data security and innovative teaching together“, the SIDDATA team presented two posters on the Gallery Walk, which highlighted the importance of data protection for SIDDATA and the associated data protection awareness of students.
In addition to a panel discussion focusing on teaching, students also had their say: Within the framework of a future working group, a student core team, the so-called #DigitalChangeMaker, presented ideas and conceptions for the digitalization of the university from the students’ point of view and thus took a clear stand: Although students are central actors in higher education, they are currently only rarely involved in university policy discourses on the topic of digitalization.
The core team deals with the following questions, among others, which are also of decisive importance for SIDDATA:
- In which areas of your studies do students use which digital tools?
- What digital tools should universities provide to support their students in their studies?
With the two posters, the SIDDATA project contributed to the discussion with the topics “Privacy Awareness of Students – Challenges with the Introduction of an Individualized, Data-supported, Digital Student Assistant” and the presentation of the SIDDATA joint project for “More Personal Responsibility in Studies, through Informed Decisions for the Individual Educational Path”.
- Das Programm der HFDcon 2019
- Network for Higher Education Teaching of the Hochschulforum Digitalisierung (University Forum on Digitalization) (HFD)
- Digital Turn from a student perspective – Student Thesis Paper on Digitalization in Higher Education
- Conference Proceding of the SIDDATA-Project to the “HFDcon 2019”